Eveready Battery Company, Inc. (hereinafter "Eveready"), maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without Eveready's written permission.
Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and Eveready regarding this subject matter are superseded and of no force or effect.
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Eveready. Eveready neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Eveready.
2. While Eveready uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Eveready makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Eveready assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Eveready nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Eveready also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Eveready or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Eveready is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Eveready. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
6. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Eveready Battery Company, Inc., and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Eveready Battery Company, Inc., will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7. Eveready has not reviewed all the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Site. We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from our sites. But we don't endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in an Energizer-operated site or have moved to another site.
8. Although Eveready may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site, Eveready is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Eveready will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Eveready to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Software from this Site may be further subject to United States export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals, or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
10. Eveready may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
"Personal information" is any information that can directly or indirectly lead to the identification of a living person.
The Safe Harbor program is a privacy program that is jointly sponsored by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission (European government). This program is available for U.S. companies who agree to uphold higher privacy standards than those currently required for companies in the United States.
Energizer commits to uphold the privacy standards for personal information pertaining to individuals in the European Union, according to the Safe Harbor privacy principles in that program.
Energizer has certified to the Safe Harbor for its Human Resources and Compliance Departments. It has certified for all forms of data from those two departments (e.g., electronically stored, paper files, disks, etc.)
The following privacy principles apply to the transfer, collection, use or disclosure of personal information from the EU by Energizer.
Notice: Energizer informs individuals in the EU about the purposes for which it collects and uses information about them, how to contact Energizer with any inquiries or complaints, the types of third parties to which it discloses the information, and the choices and means Energizer offers individuals for limiting its use and disclosure.
Consistent with the Safe Harbor requirements, Energizer may not be in a position to furnish notice in certain limited situations. Specifically, notice is not required where the processing of EU personal information is necessary to respond to a government inquiry; it is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations; or is necessary to protect Energizer's legal interests if providing notice would interfere with those interests.
Choice: Energizer will process Personal Information about EU individuals only for the purposes for which the information was originally obtained or later authorized by the EU individual unless the individual chooses to affirmatively and explicitly consent ("opt-in") to processing, or unless an exception applies. Energizer provides EU individuals with the opportunity to withdraw consent at any time ("opt-out"), in which case their Personal Information will not be further processed. The right to opt-out is limited in accordance with that permitted or required by law.
Transfer to Third Parties/Sharing: Energizer will only transfer Personal Information about EU individuals to a third party if that third party (a) has provided satisfactory assurances to Energizer that it will protect the information consistent with this Policy; or (b) is located in the EU or a country considered "adequate" for privacy by the EU Commission, and therefore is required to comply with the EU data protection laws or substantially equivalent privacy laws; or (c) the third party has also certified to the Safe Harbor, and is independently responsible for complying with the Safe Harbor requirements.
Where Energizer has knowledge that a third party to whom it has provided EU Personal Information is processing that information in a way contrary to this Policy or the Safe Harbor requirements, Energizer will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the processing of that data.
Security: Energizer takes reasonable steps to protect EU Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Data Integrity: Energizer takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information about EU individuals is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable and relevant in relation to the purpose for which the information was obtained. Energizer does not process EU Personal Information that is incompatible with the notice and consent provided to the individual when such consent is required.
EU individuals have a responsibility to assist Energizer in maintaining accurate, complete and current Personal Information about them.
Access and Correction: Upon written request, Energizer will provide EU individuals with reasonable access to their Personal Information. Energizer will not provide access unless Energizer is supplied with sufficient information to allow it to confirm the identity of the person making the request.
Energizer will also take reasonable steps to allow the EU individuals to review their information for the purposes of correcting their information. There are certain limitations to Access and Correction rights, as set forth in the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor materials. That information can be reviewed on the U.S. Department of Commerce's website at www.export.gov.
Enforcement: Energizer has established internal mechanisms to verify its ongoing adherence to this Policy. Individuals who have concerns about this Policy or about the manner in which Energizer is processing their Personal Information are encouraged to contact the Energizer Legal Department at the Energizer Headquarters address set forth below. Energizer will seek to resolve any concerns. Energizer has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution program provided by European Data Protection Authorities.
Limitation on Scope of Principles: Adherence to these Privacy Principles may be limited to the extent required by any legal, governmental, national security or public interest obligation.
Energizer Legal Department
533 Maryville University Dr.
St. Louis, Missouri USA 63141
Please note that this email address is dedicated to questions relating to the Energizer Safe Harbor Program only. Emails sent to this inbox not relating to the Safe Harbor will not be responded to.
For general enquiries please refer to the “Contact Us” section of the Energizer website or write to Energizer at 533 Maryville University Drive, St. Louis, MO 63141.
For complete terms please click here.